Sunday, December 23, 2012

Laughter the best medicine

So I have been watching what I have been eating and decided to weigh myself after a few days.  Well, my scale said I had gained about 20lbs!  AHHH!!!  So I had my husband pick up some new batteries for my scale (it had been quite some time since they were last replaced).  I knew something was off since even my boys were 20lbs heavier as well.  So I installed the batteries and let my middle son weigh himself.  A perfect 49lbs of boy.  Well it was my turn...I weighed myself and all the sudden, Jordan, screams out, "HOLY MACKEREL!!  THAT'S A LOT OF NUMBERS!"  To which I just had to laugh...Then explain to him that it's not really good to make fun of larger numbers.  My numbers while lower than they were right after Thanksgiving, could be better.  But it is what it is.  Holiday season is always killer for me.  But I am really going to try and watch myself.  My big thing is emotional eating...Stress eating and eating just because it feels good...  It's hard to curb that during the day and I am going to try to control the urges when they hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment