Saturday, January 4, 2014

Blogging through the Alphabet - T is for Teachers

Teachers.  We have all had them at one point or another.  Whether you were in public school, private school or homeschooled, you had a teacher.  Who was your favorite?  Was there a favorite teacher you had when you were in school? 

Well, I had several favorite teachers.  You may be wondering how I can have several when I was homeschooled.  This is true.  I was homeschooled... 8 out of 12 years.  The other 4 were in a private school that our church ran. 

I will start by saying my mom was my favorite teacher.  Yes, I know, she's my mom, but she made it interesting for us and we enjoyed learning.  My dad did some of the teaching but not as much as my mom.

After my mom I had 3 teachers in the private school who had an impact on my life.  Mrs. Eaves (English Teacher), Mrs. Cantrell (Math) & Pastor O'Neal.

Each one had different ways to keep us engaged.  Pastor O'Neal I remember had a sense of humor about him.  He made things fun to learn.  Mrs. Eaves and Mrs. Cantrell took the time to explain things in a way that was easy to understand.  I still remember a lot of what these ladies taught me in my middle school years.

I think teachers have a great impact on a students life.  These teachers took the time to invest in their students.  And I'm not saying that the other teachers in the private school didn't but these are the ones who made the most memorable impact on my life.  I have fond memories of them and miss them all dearly now that I am no longer near the area where I grew up.

I want to say thank you to all the teachers in my life.  From Sunday School to the private school, my mom and dad for homeschooling us, and college professors as well.  No matter the amount of time you were in my life, thank you.  It's not an easy job that you have (or had if you might be retired at this point).  I am glad that you were part of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment